The British Columbia Alliance Of Aromatherapy
(BCAOA), is an association dedicated to the establishment of the profession of aromatherapy/essential oil therapy in the Province of British Columbia.
BCAOA was registered in February 1999, under the Society Act of the province of British Columbia, Canada. It was formed by representatives of 16 different associations who had concerns that the practice of aromatherapy/essential oil therapy was being threatened by changes to laws and regulations at both the provincial and federal level. In December 1999, BCAOA applied for registration as a professional association under the Health Act of British Columbia. The application is pending hearings.
Payment of Membership Dues Click Here
The mission as established by the Board of Directors remains:
- To provide educational and professional standards and ethics for aromatherapy/essential oil therapy in British Columbia.
- To publicly promote aromatherapy/essential oil therapy as a safe, effective professional therapy (in cooperation with other professionals).
- To provide/support on going education.
- To foster a sense of community and exchange among aromatherapists, Essential Oil Therapists — EOT®, health care practitioners and associations.
- To encourage and promote research in the field of aromatherapy/essential oil therapy
What is Aromatherapy/Essential Oil Therapy
The British Columbia Alliance Of Aromatherapy defines aromatherapy/essential oil therapy as the controlled use of essential oil(s) to maintain and promote physical, psychological and spiritual well-being.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are highly volatile plant molecules with complex chemical structures created in nature and extracted by man through steam distillation, expression, solvent extraction, CO2 extraction and other extraction techniques.